After a period of use, your non-stick pan will peel off the non-stick coating on the surface. This not only reduces the quality of the food but can also be harmful to the health of the user. Therefore, you should learn how to use a non-stick pan for the first time to be able to use this product for a long time!
- See also: The best non-stick pans
What is a non-stick pan?
Non-stick pans are very familiar household items in every family’s kitchen. This tool helps you prepare deliciously fried and stir-fried dishes and it even makes cakes instead of the oven.
Non-stick material on a non-stick pan
The types of pans covered with ceramics have the following outstanding advantages:
- Ceramic is made from 100% inorganic minerals and oxides with the following characteristics: scratch-resistant, heat resistant, durable, beautiful gloss.
- This is a smooth ceramic coating that can withstand high heat and is absolutely safe for health.
- Ceramic non-stick pan has the ability to distribute heat evenly and does not absorb chemicals.
- Ceramic has now been applied on most cooking utensils such as pans, pots, rice cookers,…
- The ceramic non-stick coating does not contain PTFE or PFOA which is safe for consumers’ health.
This type of non-stick material is also environmentally friendly because less energy is used in the manufacturing process.
- Ceramic-coated pans are currently the safest non-stick pans available today.
The outstanding advantages of the Teflon non-stick pan product line are:
- Teflon non-stick agent has outstanding characteristics: heat resistance, chemical resistance, corrosion resistance, very good adhesion resistance.
- Due to its durability and long non-stick life, Teflon has been used as a non-stick coating in more than 40 countries.
- Teflon decomposes at a temperature of 300 – 400 degrees Celsius while cooking temperatures usually only fluctuate between 130 – 190 degrees Celsius.
- Teflon is a difficult compound to absorb, it will be eliminated and absorbed into the body. So you don’t need to worry about Teflon accumulating and causing disease!
- In fact, only the glue between Teflon and metal is harmful to health, so do not use a pan with a non-stick coating.
- Teflon-coated pans are currently the most durable non-stick pans.
The product line of marble-coated non-stick pans has the following outstanding advantages:
- The pan surface is pressed with a layer of hardened steel with a marble pattern to help prevent sticking and scratch.
- Granite pans have a good antibacterial ability, especially you may not need to add grease when frying and sautéing food.
- The non-stick coating that does not contain PTFE or PFOA is environmentally friendly and safe for users.
The surface of this pan is coated with up to 5 non-stick layers: Layer 1 (Marble) helps to disinfect, prevent scratches and non-stick. Grade 2 (Whitford) helps to save cooking oil. Layer 3 increases the durability of the non-stick coating. Layer 4 (pure aluminum) and the last layer of paint to help prevent oxidation.
Granite non-stick pan is heavy in weight compared to other pans.
This non-stick material has the following outstanding advantages:
- Greblon contains a PTFE polymer compound, has good resistance in many environments, does not contain PFOA, APEO, has high anti-stick properties.
- The pan is coated with a non-stick layer of greblon that is certified for food safety and human health according to LFGB standards of Germany. This result is also approved by European countries.
- This greblon non-stick coating pan can be used for continuous cooking with a temperature of < 230 degrees Celsius, 230 – 250 degrees Celsius, it should only be cooked for a period of 15 to 20 minutes.
- See also: Best electronic scales
Instructions on how to use a non-stick pan for the first time
Using a non-stick pan for the first time is not difficult if you follow these steps:
- Step 1: Pour some water into the newly purchased pan (about 2/3 of the pan is fine, no need to fill it up).
- Step 2: Put the non-stick pan on the gas stove, induction cooker, … then turn up the heat to boil water in the pan.
- Step 3: Cook until you see a lot of steam rising, no need to boil a lot of foam!
- Step 4: Turn off the stove and pour the water away.
- Step 5: Use a soft cloth or paper towel to wipe off the remaining water on the pan.
- Step 6: After drying, put a non-stick pan on the stove and turn the heat to the lowest.
- Step 7: Pour a little cooking oil on the kitchen paper, then wipe it evenly on the surface of the pan for about 30 seconds.
- Step 8: Turn off the heat and let the pan cool.
Non-stick pans are a common item in today’s homes. However, many of you lament that the pan, which has only been used for 1 year, has been scratched and peeled off the non-stick coating. Hopefully, with this article, you have had more experience using a good non-stick pan!